CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
All Inclusive Salary package (R): R 1 251 183 – R1 495 956 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate may structure the total package for a 13th cheque. Housing, medical aid and pension allowance is included in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) is a statutory public entity that operates under the NQF Act 67 of 2008. SAQA seeks to appoint a Chief Financial Officer who will provide strategic and operational leadership to manage SAQA’s finances, supply chain management, assets and facilities. Furthermore to support the Chief Executive Officer and other senior managers to execute their functions in terms of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 and the National Treasury Regulations. A comprehensive competency assessment will be conducted for short-listed candidates.
|Requirements are:||The most eligible candidate must hold an appropriate recognised Bachelor’s Degree (NQF level 7) or equivalent, in Accounting, Financial Management or related fields.
A relevant professional designation registered by SAQA, is a further requirement. Eight (8) years experience in an accounting environment, of which a minimum of 5 years’ experience at senior management level is required.
A post graduate qualification or equivalent, coupled with extensive public sector financial management experience will be an advantage.
The incumbent must have good financial and administrative management, skills, and show strong leadership, negotiation, communication, analytical, project management and business acumen.
An in-depth knowledge of all legislation as required by National Treasury, such as GAAP/GRAP, the PFMA and the PPPFA is an essential requirement. Functional knowledge of the ACCPAC accounting software or any other accounting software package will be an advantage, as well as knowledge of the NQF Act, No 67 if 2008.
Characteristics of a transformational leader with a clear vision and focused action would position the candidate favourably.
|Duties :||– Maintain an effective and efficient payment system to ensure effective cash flow management;
– Maintain an effective salary administration service that complies with legislative and good governance requirements;
– Oversee the implementation and maintenance of a procurement (Supply Chain Management) system and ensure adherence to policy and procedures in line with the PFMA and PPPFA;
– Oversee the effective management and maintenance of SAQA’s assets and facilities by ensuring the implementation of appropriate building management and maintenance policies and procedures, and the health and safety regulations;
– Manage staff to ensure that productivity outputs are met, and provide on-the-job coaching, training and guidance as required;
– Prepare for and oversee all internal and external audits;
– Ensure the effective, efficient, economical and transparent use of SAQA’s resources; and
– Employ good governance to maintain SAQA’s positive public image
Closing On: 2021-02-28
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.