Vacancy – Chief Financial Officer (Fixed term contract until 31 March 2025)
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent in this position will formulate and execute the CHIETA’s financial strategy, policies,
and guidelines, that support the commercial success, compliance to PFMA and related finance principles as well as
managing the introduction of financial best practice’s governance, accounting, and treasury standards in accordance with
the Public Finance Management Act that will ensure the CHIETA’s long-term financial viability and sustainability. This role
calls for a candidate who possesses the relevant strategic leadership competencies and experience, supported by the
ability to work under pressure, and has a performance- driven mindset and demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills,
are encouraged to apply.
• Must be a Chartered Accountant; and Member of SAICA.
• 7-10 years’ experience within financial strategic leadership gained either in the public or private sectors.
• Knowledge of and proven experience of applicable skills development legislation, Governance Frameworks, financial
regulations, and the governance management frameworks.
• Proven track record of performing within a diverse and dynamic internal and external work environment.
• Knowledge of the Chemical and related Sectors.
• Track record in functioning within an executive team and ensuring performance and integrated service delivery on a
national and regional level.
• Proven experience in planning, assessment, evaluation, accreditation, monitoring and reporting.
• Proven and sound financial and risk management skills
• Ability to lead and manage change. • Results driven • Exceptional problem-solving ability and the ability to network
and build relationships • Ability to communicate at all levels. • Exceptional report writing skills • Ability to lead and
motivate the Finance and Supply Chain Management teams and promote and sustain teamwork for obtaining
Key Performance Areas:
• Responsible for the formulation of the CHIETA’s Financial Strategy and guide the Governing Board.
• Oversee Budget development and PFMA’s compliance.
• Oversee supply chain and related transactions Compliance, Reporting and financial statements for auditing.
• Guide management on management accounting, grants disbursements and statutory reporting.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of Policies, Systems and Governance Processes
• Ensures and Oversee Compliance and Risk Management.
• People Management and Leadership to the Finance and Supply Chain Management teams
Interested persons are invited to submit their CV’s to email@example.com
Should no feedback be forthcoming by please accept that your application was not successful. The CHIETA reserves the
right to not make an appointment.
CHIETA is committed to the advancement of Employment Equity. Successful applicants will be subjected to background
checks and to undertake required assessments.
16:00 on 11 June 2021. Advertisement duration: 23 May to 11 June 2021.