South African Children’s Home:Child Care Worker x2
South African Children’s Home
The SA Children’s Home is the oldest welfare organisation in the country. It was founded in 1808 and has continuously provided support to vulnerable children and youth since its inception.
SA Children’s Homeseeks to appoint 2 x Child Care workers to be based in Gardens, Cape Town.
Report to: Senior Child Care worker.
Minimum Requirements :
- Valid Drivers license
- Grade 12
- NQF level 4 in Child & Youth Care.
- Current SACSSP registration
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in a residential Childcare Center, working with young people in crisis, and/or living in an out of homecare situations.
- Provide warm and emotionally environment for children
- Assist with the daily care for children
- Assist with finding schools for children
- Manage homework
- Run developmental programs
- Manage the health, safety and hygiene of house and children
- Work in consultation with Social Workers
- Maintain the handover book and keep team up to date with regards to the children
- Must be able to work with at least 10 children at any given time.
- Work under pressure and have high levels of emotional intelligence
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour while exercising judgment, discretion and discipline in the work.
- Communication skills. Childcare workers must be able to talk with parents, teachers and colleagues about the progress of the children in their care.
- This position is scheduled on a shift basis and required to sleep in on days scheduled to work
Email your CV with a short covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed applications will be contacted