MES: Child Minder
MES – NGO
MES is a Christian integrated social development organisation that has been changing the heart of the city since 1986 and has been actively working towards providing sustainable solutions to pervasive poverty in the inner cities of Johannesburg, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Kempton Park in South Africa.
MES seeks to appoint a Child Minder to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the job is to supervise the children, educate and monitor them. To provide educational services of high quality and to ensure that the crèche is full of happy, content and motivated children.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of a routine and programme for the children each day.
- Development and presentation of weekly lesson plan.
- Supervision of children during indoor and outdoor activities to ensure that the kids are well cared for, in a disciplined and safe environment.
- Monitoring educational progress and giving feedback to parents.
- Planning and implementation of creative and developmentally appropriate activities for the children in consultation with the Programme Manager.
- Administration of First Aid, Medical Journals and Attendance Registers.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures of MES.
- Submit reports as requested.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- Grade 12
- ECD Diploma or relevant qualification
- Work experience in an ECD centre
- Must have knowledge in First Aid
- Must have knowledge regarding the development stages of children
- Administrative Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to handle conflict
- Be kind and helpful to children and parents
- Willing to work shifts
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated person
- APPLICATIONS: email you CV to email@example.com
Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa will be considered for this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the MES, refer to https://www.backabuddy.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies