2 x Teller
Port Elizabeth Branch
The above position is vacant at CIT Port Elizabeth, reporting to the Counting House Manager and CIT Branch Manager. Tellers in Fidelity Group Cash Service Department are there to provide a consistently, high quality counting and verification service to all clients.
- Matric Certificate or equivalent.
- Registered Grade C PSIRA Certificate
- Clear criminal record.
- Preferably a formal banking qualification or course with reference to cash processing teller
- Computer literacy within the MS Windows environment.
- Be prepared to work irregular hours and work night shift.
- Own transport essential (Company don’t provide transport)
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Min 3 years experience in the specific working area
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) and Specific Job responsibility will include:
· The processing center representative will receive the containers in accordance with their internal policies and procedures pertaining to the acceptance of cash containers from a third party and under the necessary camera surveillance.
· Special care must be exercised to ensure that:
- The container and seal number correspond.
- Ensure that the clients’ containers remain together. The cable tie holding them together is present and functional where applicable.
- The automated deposit slip is present.
- The above corresponds to the paperwork received from the CIT company representative.
- The container and seals agree and were not tampered with.
- Taking in or handing over of containers from or to CIT Box room.
- Physical counting of money.
- Handling of all relevant documentation.
- Balancing of money.
- Bulking of money.
- Handing over Bulk money to CIT Box room.
- Sealing of containers before handing over to CIT Box room.
- Cleaning of Cash Centre (No cleaners or any unauthorized personnel are allowed in the cash centre).
Ensure that all procedures are followed regarding Cash Processing operations.
- Deposit processing.
- Differences in customer deposits (Call on supervisor for double check).
- Report to Supervisor if no client deposit slip / documentation received with the deposit.
- Processing of payrolls/floats.
- Correct handling and use of currency counting equipment.
- Customer reconciliation
Undertake other cash related duties as directed by the Count House Supervisor / Cash Processing Supervisor and / or Branch Manager.
- Assist in Treasury area.
- Statistical information gathering.
- Preparation of Postal Order schedules
- Help with client queries
- Responsible for controlled stationary in position
Core competencies / Personality Attributes / Skills & Characteristics:
- Good Interaction Skills,
- Communication & Negotiation skills
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Portray a professional image
- Excellent administration skills
- Good writing & reporting skills
- Excellent time management
- Willing to work long hour/ overtime due to job requirements
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can send their CV’s before close of business on 13th October 2021, Deziree Smit at: Email address: DezireeS@fidelity-services.com
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Disabled Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.