Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ CJ Couriers in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Code 8/10 Driver. You will be required to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of required goods to the correct customer in order and good condition.
- Grade 12 / Matric with English
- Valid Code 8/10 Drivers licence
- 2 years’ relevant door to door delivery experience
- Courier and/or Logistics experience
- Ensure the right products get delivered to the right store/customer at the right time.
- Use the shortest and most efficient route to the delivery destination and back to the warehouse.
- Ensure that all deliveries are correctly checked and signed for by the client.
- Be fully accountable for all damages and losses throughout the delivery process.
- Ensure to act as a professional representative of the company and adhering to the company uniform policy.
- Ensure all Proof of Delivery’s are presented to the Debriefing team are correct and that they have been signed.
- Ensure all discrepancies and any issues regarding the delivery are accurately recorded and reported.
- Ensure that all Proof of Delivery’s are given to the Debriefing team to debrief.
- To communicate with the Courier Call Centre clerk regarding any discrepancies with client’s address and or delivery instructions.
- Inspect vehicle as per daily vehicle check list for any defects and safe operational conditions daily.
- Be responsible for the fuel card and filling up with fuel.
- Report on all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Have knowledge of routes and street names of designated area/s
- Good communication skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- English –Read, write and speak
- Be able to communicate proactively in order to build co-operative relationships with customers
- Time management, deadline driven and attention to detail
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities