Cleaner – uThukela
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: November / December 2021
Location: KZN – uThukela
Application Closing date: 08 October 2021
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified Cleaner to support the implementation of the THINK USAID TB LON project in KwaZulu Natal Districts. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the TB health care platform in the district. The Cleaner will be based in KwaZulu-Natal Province (uThukela) and report to the THINK Office Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Clean offices according to schedule and standards including but not limited to:
- Empty dustbins
- Maintain a clean and tidy kitchen
- Clear rooms before and after meetings
- Vacuum and wash floors
- Clean windows
- Wipe desks, tables, chairs and all other surfaces
- Visitor Assistance
- Offer visitors refreshments when advised
- Prepare refreshments and deliver to visitors when advised
- Office Maintenance Assistance
- Stock control and monitoring for all chemicals and materials used
- Identify maintenance and / or occupational health and safety issues and report to manager
- Assist with and supervise maintenance service providers when conducting maintenance in offices
- Contribute to the betterment of THINK
- Ensure THINK vision, mission and values are reflected in all job outcomes
- Perform other duties as required
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 – Matric Certificate
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a cleaner
- Computer literacy and competence in Microsoft software (MS Word, Excel)
Preferred attributes and experience
- Experience in a similar environment
- Clear criminal record
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 08 October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, Nqobile Mswelifirstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are only accepted if received via the online form below:
To apply for any of the above positions please fill in your details below and upload your recent CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Salaries are negotiable.
Please add recent payslip to submission.