The Table Bay
Table Bay Hotel
Assisting the Chefs with the preparation of fine dining food while maintaining high standards of hygiene and observing cost control for all hotel outlets.
Grade 12 or equivalent
2-3 years experience in a 5 star establishment
Food preparation qualification or relevant experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physical mobility to move around as per job requirements (including with the use of aids)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards
Key Performance Areas:
- Adhere to standard portions, quality and 5 star standards
- Effective stock control, minimise wastage and correct food storage
- Food preparation, presentation and service according to operational requirements and procedures
- Maintain hygiene procedures and controls
- To perform all kitchen duties related to hygiene and food preparation in line with operational standards
- Stay up to date for food trends and ensure presentation standards are adhered to.
Please Note that ,Preference will be given to suitably qualified employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans and Gaming Board License conditions.