Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on Alarms and Intruder Detection Security Systems, Access Control and CCTV with certification in Access Control and CCTV integrated products.
- Network and Server specialist with certification (N+, A+, S+)
- Database knowledge and basic query writing skills (SQL)
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Valid code 08 driver’s licence essential
- Must be PSIRA registered grade C
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Technical installation and commissioning of projects around integrated access, alarm and CCTV solutions.
- Accurate timekeeping and logging of commissioning and installation hours to projects for accurate costing on project deliverables.
- Configuring and setup of software and databases on customer or security provided server infrastructure.
- Responsible to ensure Health and Safety standards adhered to onsite.
- Responsible for quality handover documentation as built for installations commissioned and handed over to client as well as Service department.
- Responsible for full operational requirement as per original project design specifications and project acceptance criteria for signoff and hand over to the client and service department.
- Responsible for technical advice and best practice to clients, sales personnel and ensure that solutions sold are able to fulfil technical design specifications.
- Responsible to act as a Site Supervisor while configuring and commissioning equipment, highlight, and drive rectification on poor quality workmanship or standards not followed.
- Responsible for communication between client’s IT Service providers for best practice security while installing and configuring offsite monitoring.
- Ensure all software, network and work done for clients comply and drive personal protection of data integrity standards.
- Responsible data protection methodologies to be incorporated to ensure client information always protected while executing services.
- Ability to work independently
- Action Oriented
- Priority setting
- Customer Focus
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.