The Parent Centre:Community Development Worker Facilitator of Teen Parenting and Fatherhood Programmes
The Parent Centre
The Parent Centre is a Non-Profit, primary preventive organization, based in Wynberg Cape Town, offering comprehensive parenting counselling, education and support services.
The Parent Centre seeks to appoint a Community Development Worker Facilitator of Teen Parenting and Fatherhood Programmes to be based in Cape Town.
This employment opportunity for community-based work with teenage parents and care-givers, and fathers of all ages, is open to suitably qualified applicants who have at least 2 year’s experience working with youth and families.
Type of employment :Contract, full time position (40 hours per week).
- Implementation of The Parent Centre’s Teen Parenting programme in schools and communities, and will include liaison with schools and community-based organisations, recruitment and administration.
- Facilitation of community-based Parent Support Groups
- Networking and community-based talks
- Implementation of The Parent Centre’s Fatherhood Training Programme with community-based and non-profit organisations, as well as interested fathers. This will include networking and liaising with organisations working with fathers, recruiting, administration and the development of training materials.
Essential Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Matric certificate
- SAPS Clearance certificate
- At least 2 year’s experience working with youth and/or families
- An understanding of Adolescence and an ability to engage positively and firmly with adolescents
- Confidence to engage on a professional level with school principals and staff and other community-based professionals
- An understanding of fatherhood and/or men’s issues
- Confidence to train a group of fathers of all ages, backgrounds, and life experiences
- Workshop facilitation skills
- Proficiency in isiXhosa and English – verbal and written/administrative skills
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to take initiative, plan, work both independently and cooperatively, and with diligence
The following would be advantageous:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Afrikaans
- Parenting experience and experience of working with fathers or men
If you meet the requirements, please
Submit a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, screened and interviewed.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Parent Centre, refer to www.theparentcentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies