CTMSC: Community Field Worker
Cape Town Multi Service Centre
The Cape Town Multi Service Centre (CTMSC) began in 2004 as a project providing services to street children through an organisation called Cape Town City Mission. It was decided a few years later, by its committed founder, that CTMSC should begin running independently. On the 1st February 2007, CTMSC was registered as an NPO.
Cape Town Multi Service Centre seeks to appoint a Community Field Worker to be based in the Elsies River- Working Days – Monday to Fridays / Holiday Programmes and on Occasional Saturdays (if needed).
Cape Town Multi-service centre, has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to liaise, co-ordinate, mobilise, inform and assist communities in Elsies river, Netreg and surrounding communities with access to services provided, identify and communicate their needs to bring services closer to the people of the community
The purpose of The community worker will be working with community groups to explore their needs an abilities. Providing projects to support sections of the community with issues such as mental health or drug use. Help communities to share knowledge and resources effectively, setting up new services and raising public awareness. The individual will also be working in schools in surrounding areas, conducting class based life skills programmes on monthly bases.
Successful candidate must be resident in Cape town near the area.
- Social Auxiliary Work Qualification/ Community worker RPL
- A minimum of 3 year’s related experience
- Current registration with SACSSP / Child Protection Register screening
- Unendorsed driver’s licence -own car essential
- Must be computer literate
- Speak a minimum of two of the official languages of the Western Cape
Key Perfomance Area:
- Provide holistic psychosocial assessment of patients
- an in-depth understanding of policies that affect target groupsand the ability to work both on your own and in a team
- Provide counselling support to patients and families
- Facilitate material support of food parcel distribution
- Perform crisis interventions when necessary
- Compile and submit reports e.g. Assessments / Statistics
- Attend meetings and workshops
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Organisational awareness
- Resilience and stress management
- Planning and organising
- Decision making skills
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Strong administrative skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Organisational & communication skills
- Attention to detail
Please forward your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th July 2021- Should you not hear from us by 31st July 2021, please consider your application to be unsuccessfull.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cape Town Multi Service Centre (CTMSC), refer to https://www.ctmsc.co.za/