Vacancy: Community Operations Manager
Direct Report: Branch Manager
Indirect Report: Regional Operations Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Community Operations Manager is to assist the Branch Manager with growth (OI, customers, attrition etc.) and the deployment of the local community strategy within the branch. The incumbent will be responsible for all operational managerial functions within the branch, including but not limited to the following:
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Post matric qualification in General Management advantageous
- 3 years’ minimum experience, at Mid-Management level.
- Grade B PSIRA Certificate
- Valid driver’s license.
- Firearm competency (Business purposes)
- Grade B Security Certificate – (existing or to be obtained on appointment)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and continuously revise a pro-active training strategy for the area (patrols, stand-off points, joint operations, visibility drives, etc.).
- Develop an understanding of the customer needs to drive strategy development. In conjunction with the Branch Manager, identify areas of high attrition (service, price and competitors), high crime and low reconnection areas. Arrange at least 1-2 operations in the identified areas per week. Identify any building sites in the area and ensure maximum visibility around these properties.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape as it relates to the pro-active model.
- Work with Branch Management team to investigate and consider area innovations (technology and processes) approaches to pro-active security.
- Develop a crime reduction strategy in area of responsibility. Identify crime trends. Plan and execute special operations (FADT and/or joint operations) to combat the crime trends identified.
- Develop a measuring criteria and reports to show improvement in crime reduction and client growth related to the pro-active strategy.
- Quarterly area security risk assessment to be conducted based on the modus operandi identified from all incidents (identify vulnerable areas within the areas and propose solutions / suggestions to the Branch Manager for further discussion with the community.
- Develop a working relationship with all key persons within the SAPS environment (sector members, sector commanders, CPF, station commander).
- Be a key go-to-person by both operations and business to assist in solving crime incidents through SAPS contacts.
- Attend all SAPS, crime and CPF meetings with the Branch Management team as far as possible.
- Arranging and attending of all joint SAPS operations, visibility drives, roadblocks etc.
- Assist in ensuring that all media channels (WhatsApp groups) are set up (via CMC). Ensure the process of acknowledging messages, dispatching and feedback is adhered to.
- Compile and distribute a monthly report to all stakeholders on the pro-active measures taken, and the success thereof.
- Attend all serious crime incidents personally, and assist the client with any/all security needs.
- Regularly meet with LSS site steering committees.
- Work with training resources to ensure that specific proactive training is conducted with all reaction and LSS officers within the area (ensure training is aligned to the pro-active approach).
- Continuous on the job training/evaluations are conducted with all staff – training to include: proactive meet & greets / open gates / stop & question / supervision of LSS guards / identification of possible weak spots (security breaches) / mind set change of reaction officers from reactive to proactive / public space protection.
- Keep marketing and communications informed on developments within this portfolio (Generating and communicating PR material).
- Ensure all operations are recorded (report and photos) and sent to Branch Manager and marketing to arrange for distribution to all clients.
- Understand and manage client perceptions identified through client perception surveys.
- Assist Regional Operations Manager with general discipline in the area enforcing patrols, standoff points, and SOP adherence.
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly compliance and required operational duties:
- Manage all Response areas, measuring service levels on response times and maintaining response targets set out in area KPI.
- Compile reports, Preliminary reports for incidents and accidents, for management.
- Manage and keep standard operating procedures to a high level, ensure that these policies are adhered to daily.
- Control budget and manage overtime and expenses.
- Manage and control all purchases.
- Manage all new employees as required in the recruitment process.
- Manage and keep track of all disciplinary hearings.
- Co-ordinate admin staff to produce statistics on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis.
- Conduct performance appraisals and manage HR manage system.
- Check and control PSIRA registration/Competencies/training monthly.
- Control Fleet requirements, managing fuel, violations, vehicle repairs and services.
- Manage and control FAMS firearms requirements.
- Logistics Management (i.e. distribution and control of firearms, compiling and control of all reports and paperwork).
- Manage Payroll requirements daily and monthly (Time books, leave, OT and absenteeism).
- Manage and improve all processes and resources to ensure compliance with the corporate Zero Harm philosophy.
- Effectively manage incidents, including motor vehicle accidents to improve the Health and Safety of employees.
- Ensure that area response activities are carried out in such a manner to provide excellent customer service (attrition).
- Assisting Regional Manager with the implementation of systems.
- Running “special projects”.
- Dealing with IR related matters and disciplinary enquiries.
- Monitoring/Coaching/Assisting of staff to continually improve them-selves (motivate staff).
- Managing performance goal targets, in line with Operational requirement and company strategy.
- Take direct and full responsibility for the Area. To be on call 24hours.
- Monitoring of BPSI clocking’s and driving discipline of not having unmanaged clocking’s -103s.
- Maintenance and managing of LSS sites.
Competencies (Technical & Behavioral)
- Computer Literate (MS Office, advanced Excel, PowerPoint)
- Extensive knowledge of Operations, Sales, Technical and Administration.
- Integrity and trust
- People Focused
- Command Skills
- Managing through systems
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Building effective teams
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.