COMPANY SECRETARY (RE-ADVERTISED)
Salary Range R 634,703.55 to R 789,654.65 per annum (all inclusive)
Overview of the Organisation
The NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and
Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). The NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide
for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa,
to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability
of the NMS. More information can be obtained from www.nmisa.org
The Company Secretary serves as the liaison between the Board of Directors, the Authority, its
advisory bodies and the public, ensuring that all matters are handled effectively.
• CIS or CSSA Certificate
• Registration as a Chartered Secretary with CGISA
• Law degree or corporate law diploma is not a requirement however will be an added
Knowledge and Experience
• 1-3 years’ experience post qualification as a Chartered Secretary
• Extensive experience in accurate drafting and minute taking skills and capabilities (non-
negotiable), record keeping and document control
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Corporate Governance principles, King IV,
Companies Act and Regulations, PFMA, and Compliance.
• Knowledge and application of project management
• To develop and implement Company Secretariat Framework which guides the preparation for,
managing, recording of meetings and safekeeping of minutes and resolutions of the Board
• To monitor compliance by adhering to all applicable laws and regulations and Board decisions
• To develop and implement Corporate Governance Framework to ensure compliance with
Shareholder Compact, Measurement Units and Measurement Standards Act 18 of 2006
(NMISA Act); PFMA, King IV, Companies Act, related public sector protocols, codes and
directives, and other corporate governance practices
• Provide administrative support to the Board on a variety of matters and activities required by the board.
Develop and Implement the Annual Board Work Plan and Calendar in liaison with the Board
and CEO, which is aligned to the reporting periods in PFMA, Shareholder Compact and
Frameworks, and NMISA Act Calendar
• Liaise with directors, executive management, regulatory officials, and other relevant key
stakeholders on behalf of the board as required
• Administration of proper induction, orientation, ongoing training of board members, including
the assessing the specific training needs of board members and executive management in
their fiduciary and other governance responsibilities.
• Additional services as may be required by the Board
• Assist with yearly evaluation of the board and individual board members for submission to the
We are looking for a dynamic, positive thinking individual, who has the ability to manage complexity,
have planning and organising skills, is resilient and customer service orientated. A unique individual
with leadership and interpersonal skills who can communicate at all levels and develop a strong team.
Excellent writing skills and fluency in English. The candidate must have the ability to work both as part
of a team and independently.
The NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Only
candidates from underrepresented groups in line with the organisation ‘s EE Plan and EE Targets will
be considered in order of preference: Coloured, African & Indian.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation required
(updated CV, certified educational qualifications and certified ID.) when applying for the
position email NMISA Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates with all
supporting documents will be considered for the position. Clearly indicate which position you
are applying for.
This vacancy is being re-advertised to increase the pool of candidates. All candidates who
applied previously need not re-apply.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Closing date for applications: 04 December 2020
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that NMISA
may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAPS in relation to
positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also
verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. More information contact
Human Resources on telephone number (012) 841 4152/2254