Direct Reporting line:
Head: Student Recruitment (Part Time Division)
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College, Waterfall Campus has a vacancy for a Consultant – Part Time Division
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Target Achievement
- Plans a sales approach and schedule to ensure achievement of all targets by driving applications and registrations leading up to course starts.
- Works with the Head: Student Recruitment (Part Time) to develop plans and implement initiatives to increase leads, conversion rates and advance sales.
- Monitors and follows up on programme leads and conversion rates and makes recommendations and takes action on the agreed plans.
- Receives and attends to all leads generated through various forms of advertising.
- Performs all elements of the administration and sales process in order to secure the registrations.
- Contacts leads and provides them with the required information both electronically and telephonically.
- Follows up with leads telephonically within 5 working days of the lead being received to ascertain if the programme material was received and whether the prospective student is interested in registering.
- Receives and processes the completed registration contracts received via online platform.
- Attends all relevant campus events and initiatives to drive sales and represent the Brand.
- Ensures stock take of marketing materials is done when required to support the sales process.
- Supports the student through the application and registration process including providing guidance on course options.
- Communicates and responds to student queries and provides timeous advice / feedback on queries.
- Consults leads on appropriate programme selection and ensures correct admission assessments and procedures are followed.
- Uses programme marketing materials to support student guidance and ensures compliance with Brand requirements.
- Ensures an understanding of all relevant products and options available to guide students on the correct programme selection in line with their eligibility.
Student Application and Registration Administration
- Manages all administration accurately, efficiently and in detail for student applications, admissions and registration prior to the programme start date.
- Adheres to Company policies and processes throughout the application and registration process.
- Maintains accurate records and database management in all business platforms and ensures records are accurately maintained in line with Company requirements.
- Conducts confirmation calls with registered students prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Reviews student applications and checks eligibility for programmes.
- Assists with all administration functions of The IIE’s Varsity College Part Time Division including support during the registration period.
- Telephone Etiquette
- Advanced Oral & Written Communication
- Time Management & Planning
- Willingness to Learn
- Customer Service Focused
- Target driven with an ability to handle pressure
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum of an Advanced Certificate / Diploma / Occupational Certificate (NQF Level 6).
- Advanced Diploma / Bachelors Degree (NQF Level 7) advantageous.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 4 years Sales Consultant/ Customer Relations Consulting experience.
Drivers License and own vehicle essential