Contact Centre Agent
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
About Sanlam Corporate
Our vision is to be the preferred partner to Corporate and Public Sector by providing an awesome client experience and comprehensive solutions that enable the financial resilience and prosperity of those entities and their employees. We believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives every individual the opportunity to achieve success by embracing diversity and growing our talent. We do this through living our values of having the courage to be bold, care, collaboration and an intolerance for mediocrity. We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth and live with confidence.
We tap into over 100 years of expertise to provide cost-effective Employee Benefits and Healthcare Solutions that enable financial confidence for our members. We enable our clients to make better retirement and risk decisions today through determined and passionate thought leadership and best-in-class people, innovative products and proven processes all designed to help people live a better life tomorrow.
What will you do?
- Effective servicing clients via telephone, mail and walk-in interactions with all retirement fund administrative matters
- Adhering to the implemented processes, policies and procedures and keeping to all Service Level Agreements
- Handling of general information requests from clients in a professional, effective and efficient manner
- Nurture and build strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Updating of member information accurately on system
- Outbound dialing will be required dependent on project specific tasks
- Support and contribute towards the Sanlam Digital Strategy
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & experience
- Matric/Grade 12
- Experience in a customer centric environment
- Knowledge of Financial Services would be advantageous
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel and Outlook)
- Competency in an African language
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, especially telephone etiquette
- Drive towards client services
- Conceptual thinking skills with an ability to interpret business processes
- Able to handle difficult clients and resolve client matters
- Self-motivated with a strong focus on delivery
- Positive, innovative, energetic and a strong team player
- Able to work fast and accurate under pressure
- Client focused with good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Diligence and attention to detail
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.