Main purpose of the role:
To produce quality and factually correct news or feature content for W24 to deadline on a daily basis.
Key responsibilities: (The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role)
- Generate content for the website by writing, repurposing, researching, editing and publishing copy;
- Be responsible for the production of fashion, beauty and relationship content for W24, and will be required to write across all W24 pillars
- Conduct product reviews for W24 and create videos for use on social media and Oovvuu
- Manage and grow W24’s social media
- Adhere to the quality and content standards as laid out and required by W24;
- Be responsible for the quality of content and the general appearance of certain sections of the website;
- Create weekly and monthly newsletters and shopping guides
- Liaise with network of contacts to assist with research or completion of articles/features;
- Create multimedia content, including galleries, video and podcasts;
- May be required to assist and support freelance staff and junior permanent staff; as well as stand in for the editor as and when required
- Build community through social-media presence and filtering of user-generated content; and
- May be required to translate material.
Skills and competencies: (The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively)
- Excellent knowledge of the fashion and beauty industry, as well as other women-related topics such as gender issues, relationships, weddings
- Superior feature writing skills
- Understanding of social media curation
- Sound judgment skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Pressure resilience
- Result Orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technically savvy
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- At least 1 year experience in writing and editing; experience may determine seniority.
- Proficiency in relevant computer software packages and applications.
- Good general knowledge; knowledge of particular target market of the publication; knowledge of topical issues and current affairs; passion for media.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.