The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state-owned organisation.
The project “South African Hydrogen Economy (H2.SA)” forms part of the South African-German Energy Programme Cluster. Its main aims are to supports national, municipal and private sector actors in the South African power sector in implementing an energy transition in South Africa. Its focal areas are strategy development and framework, research innovation and training, environment and social affairs and building a hydrogen economy.
The preliminary objective of H2.SA is to ensure that the framework conditions for building a green hydrogen economy in South Africa are improved.
The Contract and Finance Officer will work as part of the GIZ Energy team that also includes the South African-German Energy Programme (SAGEN), the Energy Partnership and the Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings and Infrastructure Project (EEPBIP) and other projects. The Contract and Finance Officer will also assist the Climate Support Programme (CSP III) as part of stand-in arrangements with CSPIII.
The Contract and Finance Officer will ensure that all tasks will be performed in line with GIZ rules and regulations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Management and administration of service contracts and procurement of goods;
- Administration of the project finances.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, in particular Word and Excel;
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting;
- Administrative and project management skills;
- Team player;
- Fluency in English.
RESPONSIBILITIES – how you can make a difference:
Management and Administration of Service Contracts and Procurement of Goods
- Prepare procurement processes and contracts in close cooperation with the technical staff in charge of the work stream, including but not limited to:
- advise and ensure that correct documentation is received for contract preparations;
- check Terms of Reference for compliance with requirements;
- ensure completeness of all necessary documents required for the commercial and legal eligibility checks of potential financing agreement recipients (KEP)
- liaise with financing agreement recipients on contractual and financial reporting issues
- Ensure that correct documentation is received for contract preparations;
- Maintain and update a contract management system, including contract schedule, due dates, payment schedules, expiry dates, etc.;
- Ensure that the contract documentation and related communication is filed in the contract file and that all contracts are filed electronically on GIZ’s document management system (DMS);
- Monitor invoices received against contracts, follow up on payment obligations arising from contracts and act as liaison between GIZ technical staff in charge of specific work streams and the GIZ country office;
- Ensure that reports relating to individual outputs are file electronically DMS;
- Monitor invoices received against contracts, follow up on payment obligations arising from contracts and act as liaison between GIZ technical staff in charge of specific work streams and the GIZ country office.
- Ensure that reports relating to individual outputs are file electronically DMS.
- Manage all assets procured according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Monitor end dates of contracts and ensure that necessary contract extensions are prepared in time Advise on the applicable procurement process according to GIZ’s rules and regulations (“PuR”).
- Support the planning and monitoring of the annual cash flow and the programme budget in cooperation with the Financial Manager;
- Support the preparation of annual spending projections and monthly updates;
- Support the preparation of annual internal controls, cooperate with the internal control officer and ensure that the recommendations are implemented.
Additional Requirements & Information:
- This position is based in Pretoria and is a long term fixed contract
- A motivation letter “Why Giz …. and why do you think you will fit into this organisation?
Kindly provide us with a detailed CV with your accomplishments at each company