The above mentioned position is vacant at FCS-Newcastle branch
- Matric Certificate or equivalent.
- Clear criminal record.
- Preferably a formal banking qualification or course with reference to cash processing teller
- Computer literacy within the MS Windows environment.
- Be prepared to work irregular hours and work night shift.
- Own transport essential
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
- Conduct a proper, accurate and efficient count / teller function
- Verification of Customer Deposits (Cash & Other)
- Accuracy of client information
- Prepare and pack payrolls / floats
- Bulking of cash for clearance to treasury
- Daily balancing of cash
- Accuracy of all work undertaken
- Handwriting to be neat and tidy
- Cash not to be left unattended (i.e. Lunch hours)
- Ensure that all procedures are followed regarding Cash Processing operations.
- Deposit processing.
- Differences in customer deposits (Call on the supervisor for double check).
- Report to Supervisor if no client deposit slip/documentation received with the deposit.
- Processing of payrolls/floats.
- Correct handling and use of currency counting equipment.
- Customer reconciliation.
- Undertake other cash related duties as directed by the Count House Supervisor / Cash Processing Supervisor and/or Branch Manager.
- Assist in the Treasury area.
- Statistical information gathering.
- Responsible for controlled stationery in position
Other Personality Attributes:
- Numeric skills
- Attention to details
- High level of literacy
- Good verbal and language abilities; fluency in English
- Ability to use technology-driven equipment
- Communication skills
- Customer focus
- Team work
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.