Direct Reporting Line
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College Pretoria campus has a vacancy for a Credit Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all campus administrative related activities: (Bank Statements/ Credits/Journals/ Refunds/Billing/Debit Orders/Banking/Bursaries/Cancellations/Transfers/Payment Plans).
- Processing adjustments on CAMS (Centralised Academic Management System).
- Attend to additional ad-hoc administrative duties as and when required.
- Attend to queries escalated by the centralised debtors department.
- Accurately processing of weekly banking from the cash office (Credit/Debit/Cash Payments).
- Investigation of credit balances.
- Assist with processing of applications for new students.
- Collections on debtor’s accounts as and new required.
- Negotiate and maintain payments arrangements and document Acknowledgement of Debt (sign off by Head: Finance/Debtors manager).
- Ensure required call output target is achieved is achieved (20-30 Quality calls daily).
- Place hold on debtors portal when accounts are in arrears.
- Informs students in person that they have been suspended from attending classes.
- Compilation of contracts/statements/Account payer’s documentation for handed over files to be sent to pre-legal.
- Changing of account status to pre-legal on debtor’s portal.
- Attend to queries relating to pre-legal files.
- Accurate processing of daily bank statements.
- Ensure all debit orders returned unpaid from the bank are dealt with immediately. Re-activation of failed debit orders.
- Accurate processing of unallocated payments.
- Processing of debit orders on the Absa banking system (1st/15th/25th) of each moth.
- Distribution of payment batches.
- Accurate processing of legal payments on pre-legal accounts (active/bad debt write off’s).
- Identifying payments for other campuses and escalating to Head: Finance to process transfer.
- Accurate processing of card payments.
- Communicates with internal departments as and when required in order to maintain an accurate position on students accounts.
- Attend to walk in account payers/academic queries.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with students/account payers through open and interactive communication.
- Handle account payers complaints payers complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives.
- Assist with Fresh Desk (VC Assist) as and when required to resolve student/payer queries.
- Resolving queries logged by central team via FQMS (Finance management system).
Quality Management & Reporting
- Senior Credit Controller who in turn will collate and send to Head: Finance and Debtors Manager. This could be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Quality of work to be reviewed by Senior Credit Controller/Head: Finance (Meeting deadlines, communication (inbound/outbound), allocations, processing of credits, notes on debtors portal, holds on accounts, follows Standard Operating Procedure).
- Maintenance of working file on a daily basis. All fields must be completed accurately in-order for any user to convert into reports.
- Manage query resolutions received from internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Full Function Credit Control
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable/Debit Orders/Bank Statements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external departments.
- Good interpersonal skills/Customer Service driven.
- Analytical and Problem solving skills.
- Sound numerical skills.
- Best suited to a friendly, organised person who works accurately and is able to handle pressure.
- Honest, trustworthy and ethical.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to produce basic reports reports using Microsoft Office.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Minimum of Matric, Credit management/Book keeping/Financial qualification advantageous
Minimum Work Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of 2 years credit control experience
- EE/AA Position