Purpose of the Job
To provide service and administrative support for accounts payable.
- Be responsible for the classification and recording of information in respect of financial transactions and the maintenance of accounting records for creditors
- Ensure that all the necessary documentation have been received before making payment to creditors/third parties.
- Ability to attend timeously to queries from creditors/third party payments and internal business departments.
- Monthly creditors’ reconciliation in line with the creditors’ statement and creditors’ age analysis.
- Manage the Sheriffs remittance advices and advise internal staff of the payments made weekly so that they can inform the sheriffs accordingly.
- Petty Cash processing, reconciliation, payments and queries for all regions.
- Handle all internal and external queries regarding supplier payments.
- Assist in Cash flow management and bank account balance monitoring inclusive of transfer of funds between accounts to ensure sufficient funds for supplier and petty cash payments.
- Cashbook processing including the uploading of bank statements to SAP, identification, processing and allocation of transactions.
- Cashbook and reconciliations achieved by reconciling accounts, verifying, sorting, posting and checking claims, bills, invoices and vouchers and ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Preparation and reconciliation for all unions and other stakeholder payments.
- Assist with audit queries in relation to petty cash or suppliers payments.
- Filing and administrative duties to ensure accurate document management for function.
REMUNERATION GRADE: B5
Job Requirements and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of SA Tax legislation, PFMA, IFRS for SMEs
- SAP systems knowledge and experience (especially FI and CO is advantageous)
- Supplier invoice management inclusive of processing, verification, capturing, payments of invoices.
Related Skills and attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and Responsive
- Goal and deadline driven
- Proactive & Self-motivated
- Numerical Administrative skills
- Team Player
- Commitment to excellence
- Interpersonal & Communication skills.
- Integrity & Honesty
- Computer literacy
- Organisational skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- The candidate must be in possession of a Diploma in Bookkeeping/Accounting or equivalent qualification with good administrative skills
- Must also have 1 – 2 years’ experience in a Creditors environment and have MS Office (more importantly MS Excel)
- Working knowledge and experience in SAP, cashbook processing of creditors/third party payments and accurate filing of accounting records (i.e. invoices and payment vouchers) will be advantageous.
It is the Council’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the EE Plan, first preference will be given to African Males and African Females; Coloured Males and Coloured Females.
Applications: All applications accompanied by comprehensive word format CV’s must be forwarded to the NBCRFLI Human Resources department via website or supplied link below specifying the position which you are applying for. Applications should be sent before the closing date.