Creditors Clerk –
Reporting to the – Finance/ Procurement Manager
The above position is vacant at Head Office – Westville. The overall purpose of this position is to collect outstanding monies and resolve queries to achieve the company’s collection and bad debt objectives. This important role ensures that the achievement of customer collection targets, essential to the profitability of the company, are met.
- Computer literate
- 3+ Years National Key Accounts and Commercial Experience.
- Maximize Cash flow
- Sorting out queries and collections as per policies and procedures
- Minimize Risk
- Careful credit vetting and risk categorization
- Data Integrity
- Input data accurately
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
Key Performance Areas: (not totally inclusive):
- Manage customer credit files and profiles.
- Liaise with internal departments on issues related to debtor’s control.
- Cash flow Forecast
- Reporting on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining debtors ageing according to policy and procedure.
- Attend Debtors Credit Review meetings
- Minimize credit risks
- Chase overdue accounts by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity as per policy and procedure.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with SARS regulations.
- Handle disputed invoices and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Provide accurate advice on invoice queries.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Providing adhoc reporting as and when requested.
- Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
- Minimize bad debts through controls & procedures.
- Processing Credit notes as per policy and procedures.
- Send out monthly client statements/invoices/credit notes/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Develop the credit management capability within the practice.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the HOD and Pre-Legal Reinstatement and Recoveries Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- Responds to telephone inquiries and assists in solving claim queries related to the customer’s accounts.
- Meet cash & Debtor day targets set by the Credit Manager, also responsible for monthly reports, updates to the Credit Manager.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required.
- Travelling to clients to collect monies and sort out queries from time to time when approved by the Credit Manager
- Analyse queries on accounts and find solutions to reduce them.
- Make sure that the credit notes are been passed on time.
- Ensure that all credit notes are set off weekly as per policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all refunds have relevant documentation attached and process as per policy.
- Make sure that all unallocated balances on your age analysis are investigated and cleared weekly.
- Working according to age analysis to ensure that all the old items are sorted out first.
- Ensure accurate processing and calculation of settlement payments.
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
- Printing posting lists
- Assisting with queries relating to the Billing Department
- Printing invoices
Other personality attributes:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with diplomacy and tact and ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Should be able to work independently, proactively and use initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and high methodical working methods are required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle office matters with utmost professionalism
- Computer literacy – Excel, Word, SAP, Outlook
- Should be prepared to work overtime.
- Own transport essential.
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can send their CV’s before close of business on 20 May 2021 to Lientjie Verster at: LientjieV@fidelity-services.com
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Disabled Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
E and OE