Job title: Data Capturer – WRHI – CDC
Type: Permanent ☒ Fixed Term ☐ Temporary ☐
Main purpose of the job: To capture data accurately and timeously into a computerized database for
relevant CDC division.
Location: Tshwane – Lyttelton Clinic
Closing date: 10 September 2021
Submit detailed CV to: email@example.com
Advert reference number: FRM018 – 2021
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants
from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments
Key performance areas
• Receive patient files from Clinicians for data capturing on Tier.Net, ETR and DHIS.
• Identify missing data, inconsistencies and errors and follow-up or report on missing data or errors.
• Capture confidential patient information.
• Compare data entered with source documents and make necessary corrections to information entered.
• Communicate with clinicians and managers to update missing information on Clinical ART Stationery.
• Perform data cleaning.
• Perform regular data backup.
• File patient documents according to protocol.
• Maintain and update patient files.
• Maintain an effective and efficient filing system.
• Distribute data and reports to relevant team members.
• Provide administrative support i.e., copying, faxing, filing, archiving etc.
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development.
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12 with basic computer and typing skills are essential.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Experience in Tier. Net, DHIS and ETR.Net systems.
• Certification in good clinical practice and experience in a research environment will be an advantage.
• Thorough with good attention to detail. Ordered and systematic with strict compliance to protocols.
• Good administrative skills are required together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database
• Able to work to deadlines.
• Demonstrated data capturing speed and accuracy.
• Confidentiality, tact and discretion must be maintained at all times.
• Good communication skills.
Self-motivated and able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum 1 year experience in data capturing or administration (Tier.Net is a compulsory requirement).
Demands of the job
• Accuracy and ability to meet deadlines.
Communications and relationships
• Communicate effectively with management, clinicians, and other team members as well as with donors’
Data Management team members.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The
subject heading of the email must read FRM018 – 2021 and the job title of position applying for. Please include
the following documentation:
• A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
• A detailed CV