The main purpose of the role
To manage all damages in the warehouse, ensuring correct classification of damages, fast turnaround time in destruction and returning to retailer, and reducing of damages through working with the Stock Manager to resolve underlying causes.
- Facilitate and supervise put-away (Client and OTD Damages).
- Perform stock transfers and adjustments.
- Location management (Client damages and OTD split).
- Re-ticketing of items that have lost their tags.
- Conduct regular cycle counts for damaged stock to ensure stock accuracy is maintained.
- Follow up on and resolve inventory discrepancies, and in the case where there is no inventory on the shelves, conduct an inventory history investigation.
- Investigate and resolve general inventory queries and discrepancies on orders logged by DC stakeholders.
- If the inventory cannot be found, make the necessary adjustments on the relevant Warehouse Management system.
- Identify inventory-related problems, initiate the investigation, and manage corrections.
- Handle any query regarding inventory movements from the client service department/account manager, checking for discrepancies/shortages/queries, and providing feedback.
- Take accountability of damaged inventory from different areas in the distribution centre, correct inventory levels on the system and process administrative tasks and relocate to damaged zone.
- Ensure that damaged stock is stored and accurately accounted for physically and systematically under the correct classification (reason for damage).
- Provide input for daily, weekly and monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reporting e.g. consolidation of inventory adjustments reports, compile report on space utilization, report on all discarded inventory as well as certificates thereof.
- Participate in wall-to-wall cycle counts, including coordinating the issuing of cycle schedules, verifying the count accuracy during the process, investigating discrepancies and following it up with necessary adjustments.
- General filing and administrative duties as required for risk and audit purposes.
- Proactively keeping an awareness of possible inventory misplacement to be rectified and reported.
- Implement and ensure compliance to SOP’s on the fast destruction and return of damaged items to ensure minimum damaged stock on site.
- Ensure the required security checks are in place and followed to prevent any theft.
- Investigate route cause for damages by customer and coordinate with SCM and Stock Manager on corrective actions to reduce damages.
- General Housekeeping within inventory area.
Skills and competencies
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Customer centricity.
- Grade 12 plus certification and/or diploma in Supply Chain Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in warehousing within a distribution environment
- Relevant industry related experience (Ecommerce/Retail/B2B & B2C)
- Knowledge and understanding of warehousing and distribution.
- Sound knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.