Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Dispatch Manager – Nightshift to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centres incorporating functions in the following areas; Order consolidation, Dispatch both Local and Line-haul, Returns, and in so doing ensure that both legal and customer requirements are met.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 5 Years Management experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Relevant experience in the field of Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- Ensure optimal resource planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Manage the operation and flow of stock as per Dis-Chem standard and operational requirements.
- Implementation of more efficient means of streamlining the operations.
- Manage the productivity and accuracy of the staff within the Department and take required disciplinary action.
- Manage the report to expedite orders aging on the conveyor floor.
- Ensure that pallets are packed correctly and accuracy of stock per store is maintained.
- Assist with credit note reductions related to damages, picking and checking inaccuracies.
- Ensure that all customer related operational queries are efficiently resolved and feedback is given to customers and special orders are prioritized.
- Resolve personnel problems by analysing data, investigating issues, identify solutions and take corrective action.
- Ensure training of new staff in that they have the necessary tools and equipment required to perform their duties efficiently.
- Management of overtime, schedules and updating exceptions on Kronos
- Responsible for the efficient operation of sorter and manage breakdowns
- Responsible for the health and safety within the department
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Transportation Principles and Methods, Production and Processing
- Knowledge of Material Handling Standards, Administration and Management, Supply Chain and Personnel and Human Resources Management
- Knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role
- Demonstrate thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
- Understand Fleet management – In order to optimize cost savings, while ensuring fleet reliability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Store and Distribution receiving procedures with regard to ordering, receiving and stocking.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- English – Read, write and speak.
- 2nd Language – Read, write and speak.
- Experience in Fleet management.
- Be able to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and remain calm and focused under pressure.
Special conditions of employment:
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs.
- Be able to work any shift i.e. day, night, weekends, holidays and overtime as per business and operational requirements.
- Must be willing to be rotated to where needed and must be willing to perform any other functions within the department, should the need arise.
- South African citizen or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.