Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for an Inventory Assistant Manager to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centres, incorporating inventory management predominantly.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Logistics or Supply Chain Management or any relevant qualification
- 3 Years Management experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- SAP experience in inventory / Stock control Department
- Relevant experience in the field of Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Assist in managing and interpret inventory related issues.
- To adequately prepare for the annual stock take and to meet auditory requirements.
- Analyse and interpret all potential departmental shrinkage indicators and act accordingly.
- Plan the layout of a multiple supplier stock storage systems and ensure stock and bin integrity.
- Maintain a stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (First Expiry First Out) principle.
- Work with suppliers, replenishment buyers and merchants to address inventory issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain and analyse reports to indicate progress on key performance indicators.
- Set up continuous processes to eliminate recurring short falls and organisation challenges.
- Ensure expired and reject stock are dealt with on a timely basis and according to necessary SHE standards.
- Manage shelf life to ensure no short dated and/or expired stock is dispatched to customers.
- Work with QA team to ensure stock is on the acceptable industry standard.
- Achieve and maintain acceptable adjustment figures.
- Ensure optimal planning and forecasting of department resources and capacity to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Anticipate issues and opportunities and act on them pro-actively – be solution focused.
- Develop and Implement solutions for addressing seasonal demand, shipments and/or unique packaging.
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews.
- Be responsible for the succession planning of subordinates.
- Efficient and accurate administration, filling and reporting for transactional excellence.
- Manage and adhere to GWP, SHE program and OHS act.
- Effective and efficient resolution and communication of internal and external customer day-to-day queries.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all 3rd party stakeholders and communicate effectively to resolve any supply chain issues.
- Identify supplier issues that impact required financial objectives and address them at the appropriate level internally and externally.
- Proactively identify cost saving opportunities with expert insight into to true improvements and their ability to be effectively implemented.
- Knowledge of Material Handling Standards, Administration and Management, Supply Chain and Personnel and Human Resources Management
- Demonstrate thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of Store and Distribution receiving procedures with regard to ordering, receiving and stocking
- Knowledge of replenishment systems and procedures
- Be able to analyse to reports and situations and act accordingly
- Numerical skills
- Time management and attention to detail
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be able to interpret financial reports and act accordingly
- Deadline driven.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business needs.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.