Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Machine Operator – Forklift to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be transport of goods from one point to another as per management/ operational requirements using relevant machinery.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 1 -2 years’ relevant experience
- Valid Forklift License
- Transport the pallets to the respective storage location and store them safe and neatly in the bin allocate.
- Ensure goods loaded are within the machines weight and size limits.
- Assist with movement of stock around the DC.
- Pack away or transport stock within the building, following the instructions from the scanner.
- Ensure material on pallets is stable, neat and evenly distributed to ensure safe transportation of stock.
- Assist co-workers in physical inventories when requested.
- Ensure necessary standards of speed, accuracy and targets are maintained, while picking.
- Report any stock discrepancies.
- Check the conditions of the machine and report any damage or irregularities.
- Test the hydraulics/ mechanical/ electrical systems of the machine and the information gauges to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Accurately report on the condition of the machine and any maintenance activity or replacement that may be required to the supervisor.
- Ensure that the warehouse and rack storage areas are utilized correctly.
- English –Read, write and speak
- Understand quality control analysis and coordination
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Understand consequential impacts of decisions made
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Be able to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and remain calm and focused under pressure
- Time management, deadline driven and attention to detail
- Be able to adapt to working hours according to business need
- Ability to work under pressure
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.