Free State Oil (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of VKB Agriculture (Pty) Ltd, a dynamic role player in the edible oil industry, situated in Villiers in the Eastern Free State. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
Responsible to manage and control the debtor’s book for Free State Oil.
- Grade 12 with accountancy
- Three years’ experience in handling of debtors
- Diploma or degree in Credit Management will be advantageous
- Proven credit control record
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and write (English and Afrikaans)
- Ability to function independently within a team context and to accept responsibility
- Good computer skills and the ability to work with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel (intermediate level)
- Attention to detail and deadline driven
- Sound decision making and ability to work in a pressurized environment
- Appointment subject to a clear criminal background check
- Constantly adding value to the current function of the job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Following up on Sales Orders that are not yet approved on a daily basis
- Revision of loading documents on a daily basis
- Update loading sheets
- Ensure that all loads have been invoiced on a daily basis
- Post Customer Invoices and Credit Notes on VKB’s internal system according to policy and procedure
- Post Credit Notes on internal system
- Send out loading documents, Customer Invoices and Credit Notes to customers on a daily basis
- Send out Customer Statements on a weekly basis
- Follow-up on overdue/ outstanding amounts from customers
- Report overdue amounts or when credit limits were exceeded to credit manager
- Ensure that all documents are saved on internal systems (Sharepoint/ File Director)
- Ensure availability of all documents for audit purposes
- Able to manage conflict
- Be able to work under pressure
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px