On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24 in Gauteng, currently requires the services of a Debtors Clerk.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as Debtors Clerk, reporting to the AR Team Lead.
Main purpose of the role
- To provide a clerical and administrative service in respect of customers’ accounts in order to ensure sound and accurate financial procedures.
- Create new accounts and capture data on the debtors’ system;
- Verify and control credit applications for new clients as outlined in the credit rules and policies;
- Prepare credit applications for approval by the Supervisor or Credit Control Manager;
- Conduct Credit Bureau inquiries;
- Follow up and report daily on outstanding documentation required from relevant departments (eg sales) to meet deadlines;
- Maintain daily registers and controls;
- Prepare and capture journals and transactions;
- May capture invoices and pass respective credit notes;
- Reconcile payments and deposits with bank statements daily, capture bank deposits and receipts and keep record of cheque payments;
- Handle queries with the various banking institutions;
- Notify superior of any suspicious or potentially fraudulent payments;
- Prepare reconciliations of customer accounts;
- Verify and follow up on invoices, statements and payments and ensure the timeous collection of outstanding and arrear accounts in accordance with collection procedures;
- Report on bad debt and the recovery thereof and escalate when required;
- Maintain an efficient filing system in respect of accounting data, records, contracts and invoices;
- Prepare files for handover to external debt collectors; and
- Administer debit orders.
- Grade 12
- Relevant certificate or diploma in credit management, business administration, finance, accounting or a closely related field
- At least 2 -3 years’ experience in debtors administration
- Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications, especially advanced in Excel.
- General knowledge of Accounting
Skills and Competencies
- Good written communication skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent numeracy skills
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.