When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
DIESEL MECHANIC UG, C3: SERITI COAL, NEW DENMARK COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
- Is responsible for daily maintenance, inspections, major services and repairs to diesel mining earth moving and support equipment
- Perform daily maintenance, inspections, major services and repairs to underground diesel equipment
- Is responsible for engineering Technical compliance.
- Keep record of inspections, maintenance and repairs conducted to equipment on checklists and job cards
- Identifying, ordering and sorting of spares for machines
- Maintain good housekeeping in the area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all planning and productivity requirements are achieved.
- Perform inspections and work in accordance with the Mine Standards and Procedures and the Mine Health and Safety Act and regulations.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to perform in a safe and controlled manner.
- Ensuring that all planning and productivity requirements are achieved
You will need:
- Recognised Diesel Mechanic Trade Test Certificate
- Grade 12 / Matric with Pure Maths and Physical Science (NQF Level 4) or Technical N2/N3 Qualification or Equivalent NQF Level 4
N2 = NQF Level 3
N3 = NQF Level 4
Grade 12 / Matric = NQF Level 4
- Display good understanding of equipment and tools and uses thereof
- Be able to identify faults and repair breakdowns on Hydraulic systems without supervision
- Familiar with Flame proofing of Underground Diesel Equipment
- Have sound knowledge of MHSA, safety systems and a high regard for safety, regulations and standards
- Proven excellent safety record
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Be able to cope effectively with pressure in a production environment, innovative and a self-starter
- Be prepared and able to work stand-by, 3 shift rotation, call outs and overtime
- Be able to work in a team.
- Valid K53 driver’s license with own transport
- In possession of a Certificate of Fitness or be able to obtain it
- Experience in Underground Mining industry
- At least 2 years’ post-trade experience as a Diesel Mechanic, preferably in an Underground environment
- Experience with maintenance of large earth moving equipment
Ref No: NDC013/21GS
Closing date: 01 February 2021
Please use the Google Chrome browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
A CV must be accompanied with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license.
Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.