The Digital Marketing Specialist: Gaming will be the point of contact for business operations around any digital marketing requirements. The role is responsible for the implementation of digital marketing plans, content co-ordination, quality assurance, digital asset management, project support and social media management for the Gaming segment properties with the aim of customising and improving their web presence and increasing traffic, search engine optimisation and interest in the properties, and will include web-based analytics and measurement of digital campaign performance with the aim of promoting the Sun International brand as the hotel brand of choice.
- Degree or Diploma in marketing, communications or journalism or relevant equivalent
- GAIQ certification (Google Analytics Certification)
- At least 4 years experience working within a digital marketing role. Experience in both digital and traditional media would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable experience using various social media tools and channels
- Demonstrable experience using various online tools such as the use of Google Analytics, PPC, Google AdWords and campaign reporting
- Demonstrable experience in online reputation management
- Demonstrable experience in leisure, hospitality and / or entertainment industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have knowlege of Paid media advertising
- Must have Knowldge of 360° digital campaign implementation
- Must have strong knowledge of digital media
- Must have knwldge of Online marketing, search engine marketing, social media marketing, online brand management, web usability, market research, advertising, social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter)
- Must have Creating solutions skills
- Conceptualising skills
- Influencing skills
- Implementing Skills
- Managing Customer & Stakeholder relationships
- Adapting skills
- Emotional Maturity
Key Performance Areas:
- Be the first point of contact and liaison with small and medium sized business operations on all digital content requirements, and offer support to large operations in managing their online content
- Prioritise traffic flow requests received from properties and facilitate the delivery of digital solutions and accounts management in line with briefs and within agreed SLA
- Build relationships and maintain regular communication with key stakeholders by ensuring that there is full understanding of the unit culture and requirements in the creation and implementation of digital content and campaigns.
- Compile, plan and co-ordinate digital marketing campaigns and deliverables with timelines and activities for business unit properties
- Chase, collate, create and edit digital content for uploading onto social media channels and web pages
- Upkeep of fresh and innovative content on Sun International websites, social media channels and other relevant digital assets to ensure that content produced meets branding requirements including archiving Web content (images, text, video) with correct tagging
- Conduct quality assurance on all digital content and deliverables
- Provide support for SEM implementation
- Develop and implement plans for different channels across social, paid media and email
- Launch advertising campaigns by making use of all digital sources -online marketing, search engine marketing, social media marketing, online brand management, web usability, market research, advertising, social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter)
- Build public awareness through different marketing campaigns, digital marketing, social media, advertising initiatives of new products
- Input and implementation of survey launch plans
- Provide social content and community management support for the small / medium properties and monitoring of content for the large properties
- Monitor retainers (contracts, accounts, burn, recon) with suppliers, checking the quality and delivery of work, as well as costs incurred
- Project manage and co-ordinate content for the customer magazine, including quality assurance and retainer management (contracts, accounts, burn, recon) of any work completed by third party suppliers.
- Is a resource on special projects and provide project support as required by the marketing team
- Is an advisor to internal stakeholders and share information around digital content and channels to enable marketing teams to remain abreast
- of progress in these areas including facilitating coaching and training sessions as required
- Monitor quality of deliverables at unit level, in line with objectives and timelines stipulated in the strategy and campaign plans, and complete post-mortem feedback from operations and other stakeholders to evaluate the success and relevance of content and campaigns.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.