Learn to Earn: Donor & Resource Administrator
Learn to Earn
With its motto of ‘a hand up – not a hand out,’ Learn to Earn is a Christian ministry that has as its mission to develop people, especially unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually. The vision is ‘to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice in South Africa and Africa. Through providing a programme that recognizes human dignity and the human right to live a meaningful life, we aim to assist individuals to regain their self-respect. We do this by empowering them to provide for themselves and for their families.
Training interventions provided by Learn to Earn are circumstantial, practical and market related. What is innovative about Learn to Earn is the methodology and ethos behind its training interventions. The ethos of the organization is about rebuilding the self esteem, dignity, self respect and ambition of our trainees.
Also, the holistic concept to development facilitates the complete development of the unemployed person. Our services are available to all people, irrespective of race, gender, education or religious background. Our vision and mission is applied through offering skills training and job creation activities to the unemployed.
Learn to Earn seeks to appoint a Donor & Resource Administrator to be based in Head Office in Claremont Cape Town.
Employment Type: Full Time
The purpose of the job is to get Through providing sound administration support to assist with the development and growth of the income stream for the organisation, primarily through financial donations, in addition to pro bono services and material/goods donations. To work on researching funding opportunities, dealing with reporting administration requirements and managing funding cycles.
- Responsibilities attached to the position
- To be responsible for the administration regarding maintaining the existing donor base and existing reporting structures.
- Researching new funding opportunities with local, regional and international corporations/trusts.
- Administer funding proposals.
- Be involved in special events for fundraising, including but not limited to, Quiz Nights and Dinners.
- Researching cause-related marketing opportunities and B-BBEE opportunities.
- Submit the annual NPO report and contribute to the development of LtE’s annual report.
- To work closely with the LtE Director in establishing additional revenue streams.
- Sending of thank you letters/receipts/Tax Certificates and BEE documentation to donors and partners.
- Pipeline management using Salesforce: tracking proposals sent, reviewed, accepted or declined.
Requirements: (In addition to Personal Qualities listed below)
- Minimum of three years experience working in the non-profit sector;
- Ability to work to deadlines, and achieve agreed income targets;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Sales experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Scheduling and conducting site visits and tours for present and potential supporters
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Office, and CRM tools preferably Salesforce.
- Must possess a current driving licence and own vehicle, and be prepared to travel locally.
- To endorse and promote the philosophy of ministry of LtE, likewise to promote and endorse the code of conduct of LtE.
- Is a committed Christian with a sound understanding of holistic human development from a Christian perspective
- Member/regular attendance of a local evangelical church
- Ability to make things happen (self-motivated)
- Detail oriented
- Good networking skills
- Well-organised and structured
- Good communicator written and verbally and comfortable with public speaking
- Knows how to communicate inter-culturally
- Calm under pressure
- Personal characteristics of determination and perseverance, perceptive and creative
Remuneration: To Be Discussed
POlease ensure you m,eet the requirement before applying for this position, please email a full CV, references (including a letter from your Pastor) and covering letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Learn to Earn, refer to www.learntoearn.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies