POSITION: DRAMATIC ARTS LOCUM TEACHER – HIGH SCHOOL (Term 1, 2022)
This is a full-time temporary position, which will require the successful candidate to take responsibility for the
teaching of Grades 10 to 12 Dramatic Arts in the High School.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CONSIDERATION WILL ONLY BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH:
• An appropriate university degree or professional qualification
• SACE membership
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Enthusiasm, commitment and passion for teaching
• The ability to work closely and co-operatively with colleagues
• The ability to uphold the Ethos and Values of the School
• IEB experience would be an advantage
ROLE / JOB PROFILE
1. OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 Teach Dramatic Arts from Grades 10 to 12 and produce meaningful assessments and reports
1.2 Responsible for the supervision, preparation and compilation of classwork, while using appropriate
technology and media, that promotes critical thinking, creativity and aesthetic perception
1.3 Have a clear interpretation of the CAPS / SAGS documents in order to implement innovative and
relevant teaching and learning
1.4 Develop pupils’ interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities through group interaction and
1.5 Involve the pupils in extension activities, which build a love and greater appreciation for the subject
2. INVOLVEMENT IN THE SCHOOL
2.1 Attend weekly staff meetings
2.2 Participate in staff development
2.3 Attend parent-teacher meetings or alternative forums
2.4 Participate in the normal operational duties within the school
2.5 Attend Chapel and Assembly
2.6 Exhibit professional behaviour at all times
1. A letter of motivation
2. Your curriculum vitae
3. The names and contact details of three current referees
• Your application should be addressed to the Principal of the High School and emailed to:
• Closing date for applications: Friday, 17 September 2021
• Please ensure that the above information is contained in one document and attached to the email.
Certificates and other documents on request only.
COMMENCEMENT DATE: January 2022 (Term 1)
Epworth School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the
confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal
information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application
for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
EPWORTH SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THIS POSITION.
AN APPLICATION IN ITSELF DOES NOT ENTITLE THE APPLICANT TO AN INTERVIEW.