CWS proposes to implement a three year job training and livelihood program for 1,460 refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable South African citizens facing systemic obstacles to employment and integration. The overarching goal for this program is to increase self-reliance and resilience in each noted group, and to build cohesion within communities where there are emerging tensions with contributing factors being a lack of employment and productive work. CWS will meet its objectives through the following key activities; Case management, Self-Reliance Workshops, Language Training, Small Business Entrepreneurism Support: – Integration of refugees and asylum seekers within the employment sector by Liaise for Employer Partners and Networking Activities for Employers and Small Business Entrepreneurs, Establishment and Management of Employment Help Desks: Outreach and Advocacy.
Based in either Johannesburg or Durban, South Africa – Church World Service seeks to appoint a
Reporting to the Grant Accountant, this position is primarily responsible for driving and maintaining the CWS Africa vehicle to complete assigned errands on behalf of the organization.
The Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Drives CWS Africa motor vehicles to complete assigned duties.
- Cleans and cares for official CWS Africa vehicles. Conducts regular checks of vehicles to ensure that they are mechanically sound and in good working order and reports any problems noted to the Supervisor.
- Provides safe transportation to meetings and other destinations for CWS Africa staff and visitors on official business.
- Posts and collects mail, weighs and affixes the correct amount of stamps on letters and packages.
- Assists in the safe banking of CWS Africa checks and cash as well as replenishment of petty cash.
- Maintains accurate records of deliveries made to other offices in the CWS Africa delivery book.
- Performs general clerical duties as may be assigned and which may include photocopying and packing supplies for field team travel.
- Repairs minor mechanical problems on the CWS Africa motor vehicles after confirming the same with the Supervisor.
- Obtains quotations and makes simple purchases on behalf of the office and as per instructions by the Supervisor.
- Records each and every trip made in the log book.
- Ensures that the fuel level in each vehicle does not go below half tank.
- Performs other duties, which are developed and assigned in order to improve the operations of the CWS Africa office.
The Driver must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study (e.g., Administration, Business Management, Law, Social sciences) or four years of related work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is required.
- Two (3) years of driving experience required.
- Clean driving record with valid driver’s license required.
- Working knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics required.
- Good working knowledge of Johannesburg, Durban &Pretoria and its vicinity.
- Do minor vehicular and other maintenance/repairs
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public
The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. A clear MIE background check is required before the start of employment. Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday September 17th 2021 to email@example.com