About the entity:
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill the role of a Driver – Messenger in their Pretoria Provincial Offices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate
- 2 Years experience in a similar role.
How you can make a difference:
- Provide driving/messenger services;
- Delivery and collection of correspondence within Pretoria CBD
- Keep records of collected and delivered documents;
- Mail collection from the post office;
- Assist with courier services; collect, distribute and control movement of documents;
- Maintain accurate and up to date schedule trip sheets; i.e. log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption;
- Perform daily trip and post trip motorbike inspection to ensure that the motorbike is always in a good condition;
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure motorbike maintenance services are carried out;
- Perform routine maintenance on pool motorbike such as monitoring fluid levels and replenishing fuel;
- Report incidents and accidents timeously and compile motorbike condition reports and other records required by Management.
Skills & Competencies
▪ Good Communication skills ▪ Good interpersonal skills and computer literacy ▪ Willingness to work outside normal working hours, including weekends ▪
Additional Requirements & Information:
- Kindly submit a recently comprehensive updated CV;
- Copy of ID and Driver’s License: valid driving licence (A or A1) (Motorbike/ Scooter);
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks: Criminal record check; Citizenship verification; Qualification/study verification and previous employment verification);
- Also note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive any response within the 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Closing date for applications are 16 July 2021 – please note late applications will not be considered.
- Ad reference Number: Ref No: GP 14/2021