Driver Operator (Tsitsikamma)
29 July 2021
Garden Route National Park
A vacancy currently exists for a Driver Operator at Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park. Being a key position, the successful candidate would have to be a highly motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience to take immediate responsibility. The successful candidate will report to the Sergeant Ranger.
Paterson Grading B4
Note: Official accommodation will not be provided inside the park.
Reference checks will be conducted for the shortlisted as well as the successful candidates. It is also important for the candidates to attach a letter of reference during the application or the names and contact details of the references.
A practical test will be conducted prior to or after the interview.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B4 grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks.
Applications must be accompanied by a Cover letter, detailed CV, certified copies of ID, Driverâs License and PDP, qualifications and all other relevant documentation applicable to be submitted to the following address:
ATT: Valencia Cunningham
Human Capital Officer
If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) certificate
- Experience in driving and operating with truck towing a trailer, tipper truck, honey sucker, fire fighting truck, tractors, graders, TLB, tractors, and other yellow metal vehicles
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory skills
- Code 10 with PDP must be accompanied by proof of experience or reference letter.
- Experience in performing basic administrative duties as required for the driver operator.
- Advanced driving skills required
- Be able to work independently without supervision.
- Good communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of various regulations including OHS, HR as well as COVID 19 and other rules applicable to the Protected Area
- Time Management Skills
- Operate specialised yellow fleet metal vehicles that include, Grader, TLB, roller and other equipment utilized for road maintenance when required.
- Transportation of staff to and from the workplace.
- Transportation of specialized goods procured for the Park.
- Operate fire fighting unit truck utilized for fire fighting.
- Operate Honey sucker for removal of Sewer from the septic tanks within the Park.
- Driving tractors with the lawnmower for fire breaks preparation as well as lawnmowing of the open areas within the Park Management.
- Driving tractor with a trailer for loading road maintenance material during road works and other goods including rubble.
- Supervising team working with when needed.
- Daily performing administrative duties that include vehicle inspection of the vehicle according to a prescribed inspection sheet, vehicle log sheet
- Tacking care of fleet,cleaning and maintaining of vehicles
Closing Date : 13 August 2021