Location: GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Distell offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates for potential placement in our Dry Goods Department. This position will be based at Wadeville, Supply Chain. The successful candidate will report to the Dry Goods Manager
Purpose of the Position
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are currently studying and have a prerequisite to have practical work experience before qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2022 and terminating on 31 January 2023.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing and completing warehouse orders for production according to production plan
- Receiving and processing incoming stock
- Executing inventory controls and keeping high quality standards
- Add value in increasing departmental efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Participate in stock counts
- Accurate identification, verification of records and inbound shipments.
- Inter plant transfer of materials
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record– degree / diploma in Logistics
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound communication and presentation skills;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team
- Driver’s License would be beneficial
- South African citizen;
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following documents:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter,
- A curriculum vitae,
- Certified academic record,
- Certified copy of Grade 12,
- A letter from the tertiary institution,
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution ,
- Certified copies of Identity Document.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers.
Reference number: 18843 Closing Date: 12 January 2022