Tokai Estate is a 60 bed fully accredited sub-acute facility providing high quality care to patients of all ages.
This high end facility is located near the Blue Route Mall and in close proximity to all major transport routes.
If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, this is the job for you. To ensure high quality patient care, we also invest in continuous development of our staff, which includes both internal and external training.
If you would like to make a difference and work in a very busy, sub-acute environment, then apply now!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Do morning handover according to ISBAR procedure with shift leader on opposite shift
- Ensure all reporting up to date for handover and all information checked when receiving handover in allocated area
ADMINISTRATION AND REPORTING
Morning admin(before medication rounds):
- Log on ECP
- Check emails
- Check fire lists
- Check resident list
Daily admin during shift:
- Follow up on new scripts and phone the pharmacy to arrange
- Follow up on Dr’s appointments
- Follow up on all tests (blood, urine) and receive results
- Do adjustments to medicine and care plans on ECP.
- Daily reporting to the shift leader on any interventions during the shift
- Thorough reporting during shift change
- Incident reporting
- Report IOD to shift leader
- Comprehensive reporting of patient/resident on the ECP observation system
- Time stamping on ECP
- Medication on ECP
ECP summary report/non charting auditing:
- Altering of care plans and investigation of non charting items
STAFF ALLOCATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Prioritize staff and tasks in your designated area according to patient needs and operational requirements as well as specific activities and information from the handover process
- Manage staff in your allocated area
- Performance appraisals with staff that worked on your shift
- Promote sound relationships and motivation in team members
- Ensure all blister packaged medication is available on the trolley and medication no longer prescribed are removed from blister pack
- Check all scripts and cupboards for any medication not in blister packs
- Prepare liquid medication and injections as per script
- Do rounds, check for sufficient consumption and administer all medication to residents as per the scripts
- Check for any side effects of medication and adjust accordingly by phoning the doctor and arranging for new script
- Chart medication on ECP
- Manage medication change process. (Phone Dr to get script, send script to pharmacy, make changes on ECP and place copy on residents file)
- Sign medication book
- Unpack medicine trolley and put all necessary medications ( schedule 5&6) back in the cupboard and ensure cupboard is locked.
MDT AND INTERACTION WITH PROFESSIONALS
- Follow up and implement all orders and instructions deriving from the MDT
RESIDENT ADMISSIONS AND DISCHARGES
- Assessment of patient upon admission
- Ensure necessary documentation is completed and sent to Clinical head for review
- Draw up person centered care plan and put on ECP
- Contact with medical doctors and families
- Organise medication for patient and follow up on scripts at discharge
- Follow up with appointments with doctors
- Draw up discharge plan and discuss with family
- Ensure progress reports are sent to the medical aid
- Measure daily the vitals and activity levels
- Follow up with MDT on patient progress
- Do recommendations for patient
- Maintain effective infection control practices
- Manage the prevention and reporting of incidents
- Ensure effective cleaning and laundry service. Report to shift leader any complaints or lack of service
IN HOUSE TRAINING
- Assist with topic specific in house training
- Assist with training as required
- Ensure all used stock is charged to the resident account
- Overnight cupboard to be counted daily, and list given to HCA for replenishment of stock
- Daily treatment trolley packed and ready
- Daily check of the emergency trolley, ensure it is securely locked and only to be used during a life threatening situation
- Check trays and ensure correct diets are offered to the patients
- Ensure that the Food Ambassador performs duties according to job description
- Handle all food related complaints and refer to relevant parties
- Do referrals to in house dietician with admissions
- Oversee intake and outputs and adjust care plan if necessary
- Intervene in the presence of any abnormal signs (ie: nausea)
- Oversee and do dressings, wound care and pressure care
- Deal with skin lesions
- Do catheter care and dipstick tests
- Do daily resident rounds and measure vitals
- Ensure weighing of patients as per policy
- Assess patients on specific areas of concern and adjust the care plan as needed with you allocated patients.
- Monitor: Mobilization, respiratory distress, neurological observations and emotional status
Qualifications – Relevant nursing qualification, SANC registered. Up to date BLS.
Experience and Knowledge – Sub acute, rehab, strokes, orthopedic, care for patient for IV therapy / chemo therapy or IV therapy
Skills and Attributes – Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, making sound decisions, computer literate, professional, focused, fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English, compassion for the elderly, be able to converse with people on different levels – staff, families, MDT and other professionals coming into the facility.
Working Hours – Normal working days are Monday to Sunday. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Night shifts are from 19h00 to 07h00.
Salary on offer from R 25,000.00 Cost to Company per month.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.