VPUU NPVPUU NPC : ECD Mentor
Violence Prevention Through Urban Upgrading (VPUU) NPC
VPUU NPVPUU NPC is a Public Benefit Organisation that implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. We do this in partnership with communities, municipalities, provincial and national government.We work in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure development, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods. For our team we are looking for anC is a Public Benefit Organisation that implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. We do this in partnership with communities, municipalities, provincial and national government.We work in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure development, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU NPVPUU NPC seeks to appoint an ECD Mentor to be based Cape Town.
The purpose of the Job is to Coordinate, monitor and coach on the implementation of ECD interventions at local level, supervise local ECD teams, build and maintain relationships with local ECD stakeholders and partners, provide operational support to the Lead of the area of work “ECD for All” within the VPUU NPC management structure.
Salary: R20 000.00 total cost to company per month
Duration: Indefinite Contract
Key Performance Areas:
- Oversee the planning, organisation and Implementation of a quality Early Childhood programme in line with the VPUU methodology
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of local ECD training teams in the implementation of ECD out of centre-based projects in informal settlements and in selected ECD’s in low income areas. ECD teams include teachers and field workers.
- Supervise, mentor, train and appraise members of local ECD teams
- Continuously monitor programme information recorded by local Care Givers through the KOBO collect/ Salesforce system to ensure that data collected is consistent, clean, accurate and in line with agreed targets
- Ensure adequate implementation of M+E tools for assessing and recording developmental status of preschool children in target areas
- Report progress on the delivery of ECD interventions against agreed targets to the Lead of ECD for All at regular intervals
- Compile monthly M+E reports directed at external partners
- Build and maintain trust relationships with local stakeholders and partners –i.e. parents of local children, ECD Centres, ECD Forums, Local Leadership, etc. – to ensure a shared-understanding of local ECD strategy and priority interventions
- Provide support and capacity building to ECD centres through ECD Forums to promote the delivery of quality ECD programmes and the adequate use of M+E tools
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from other Areas of Expertise within VPUU to ensure well-coordinated and cohesive implementation at ground level
- Develop a referral network for referral and rehabilitation for vulnerable children and children with disabilities
- Assist with developing curriculum development on digital platforms in the age of Covid-19 to enable parents to be active in educating children according to a curriculum.
- Deputise ECD for All lead
- Bachelors Level Qualification in Child Development social work, teaching, syllabus development or similar
- Experience as a Principal of an ECD centre
- At least 5 years of proven work experience in a managerial position
- At least 5 years of proven work experience in upgrading of low income neighbourhoods
- Community/civil society involvement and training facilitation experience
- Knowledge and experience of conflict resolution methods
- Work experience in project management is a strong advantage
- Effective leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge on the use of digital learning platforms is advantageous
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral/written communication skills in at least 2 of the following languages: English, isiXhosa, Afrikaans
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Criminal check Clearance on the Child Protection Register
- Valid Code EB drivers’ licence
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org