Centre for Early Childhood Development:ECD Trainer
Centre for Early Childhood Development
The Centre for Early Childhood Development is a Cape Town-based Non-Profit Organisation, committed to putting young children first by ensuring quality early childhood development for our country’s youngest citizens. We provide training, resources and support in the field of early childhood development, enhancing individual and organisation capacity; we develop and disseminate resources; and we carry out research specifically related to the African context. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, we provide services and programmes country wide, increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of early childhood development provision to all South Africa’s children. Our advocacy, knowledge development and dissemination has a global focus.
CECD seeks to appoint a ECD Trainer to be based at CECD offices in Claremont, Cape Town.Cape Town
Your role will be to facilitate ECD teacher training to ECD principals, teachers and other ECD centre staff; including co-ordinating training sessions and on-site mentoring and support visits, assessing practitioner assignments and tasks, working with the team to ensure Monitoring & Evaluation activities take place as intended, and report-writing. The purpose of the position is to ensure that CECD’s training programmes are delivered effectively through professional facilitation, monitoring and assessment.
Employment Type: Full-time
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with CECD’s remuneration policies
Key Performance Areas:
- Plan and facilitate high quality ECD teacher training and mentoring programmes that meet the needs of ECD practitioners in various settings (formal, informal, etc.).
- Facilitate training sessions and on-site support visits for ECD practitioners.
- Monitor and record progress of practitioners.
- Assess practitioner assignments.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation and improvement of ECD training courses, materials and related services.
- Engage with the officials from the local Departments of Social Development, Education and Health at provincial level, and relevant ECD Forums.
- Contribute to the development/adaptation of programme resources and tools.
- Coordinate and participate in regular team check-in meetings with other team members.
- Report to Operations Manager weekly, and as requested.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum NQF Level 5 certificate in ECD
- Registered Assessor with SAQA/ETDP-SETA
- Demonstrated experience as an ECD teacher or principal
- Demonstrated experience in the ECD non-profit/TVET setting as a trainer/facilitator
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders such as government, NGOs, philanthropists and private-sector partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills are essential.
- Proficiency in at least one other South African language.
- Good writing skills including writing reports.
- Organised, reliable, and positive attitude.
- Passion for working with ECD workforce and training practitioners.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to deadlines.
- Good IT skills essential, including MS Office Suite Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Video Conferencing.
- Willingness to travel in South Africa.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Travel within South Africa will be required. Applicants must legally be allowed to work in South Africa. Application deadline is on 07 April 2021. Anticipated start date for the position 01 May 2021 (or sooner, if the successful applicant is able). CECD reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Interested applicants should apply for this position by sending their CV and a 1 page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more, visit www.cecd.org.za