Job Title :
Annual salary range (based on relevant experience and qualifications) : Location : Cluster and Department : Reporting to :
Purpose of the role:
R427,220 – R484,044
FPD Head Office
Academic Cluster – Education Innovation Department Head of Department
The purpose of the role is to design educational products to engage customers and facilitate learning whilst ensuring compliance with the relevant quality standards.
Scope of Work:
• Maintain project documentation and course folders. •
• • •
Create instructional material with the use of authoring software, HTML editors, graphic
packages and other multimedia and web development tools for online, contact, distance,
and blended courses. This includes use of the Learner Management System and writing of
copy to build course frameworks.
Participate in conceptualisation of new short courses.
Project manage the development of new courses and or qualifications and the update
thereof, including contracting subject matter experts, follow up with expert, follow up with
school for review, processing payments, ensuring graphic design elements are completed
(contracting individuals if necessary).
Manage project stakeholder relationships.
Maintenance and continuous quality improvement of material including formatting, basic
language editing, visual language application.
Usage of the Learning Management System (software application) for administration,
documentation, tracking, reporting, automation, and delivery of educational programmes.
Answer technical support questions relating to course design and LMS functionality.
Support all content quality assurance processes and audits.
Collect and compile documentation for submission to the relevant regulatory bodies for
accreditation and compliance as an institute of private higher education.
Collect and compile documentation for submission to the relevant Continuous Professional
Development Accrediting Body for registration of and compliance as a CPD Service Provider
and award of CPD points to courses and or qualifications.
Maintain currency in professional practice, learning technologies and learning design.
Adhere to professional teaching practice, appropriate use of technologies and application of
policies and procedures.
Ensure processes and procedures are adhered to as to improve quality of training materials.
• A relevant qualification on NQF level 7 in higher education, curriculum development, computer-based education, educational technology, information technology, or another related discipline.
• Postgraduate qualification in higher education, curriculum development, computer-based education, educational technology, information technology, or another related discipline.
Working / Industry experience required:
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar position (depending on level of position).
• 1 – 2 years of experience working with e-learning authoring tools.
• 1 – 2 years of experience working on Learner Management Systems (Moodle preferred).
• Experience in creating visually appealing artefacts.
• Experience with regulatory matters in the education field.
• Experience with the endorsement of Continuous Professional Development programmes.
• Project management experience.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office programmes
• Proficiency in reading, speaking, and writing in English.
• Proficiency in reading, speaking, and writing in French will be advantageous.
• Report writing and business writing level proficiency is essential.
Contribute to the FPD scholarship of teaching and learning by assisting in the designing of
professional development programmes to academic staff.
Set up and publication of courses on relevant Portal system and linking to Moodle instances.
Closing date for applications: 31 December 2020 at 16h00
Interested candidates should forward a motivational letter and CV to email@example.com or fax to 081 680 0736.
For enquiries please contact Leah Maenetja on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within one month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.