EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST: T.A.S.K GRADE 15
Purpose of the Job: The EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST is accountable to provide expert advice to the Operations Claims Teams relating to respective specialist reports received from Plaintiff attorneys. The role holder will be required to align and standardise all specialist practices, processes, services, solutions and support consistent with the governance mechanisms and operating frameworks benchmarked and ensure the availability of real time accurate data and information for effective decision-making and information sharing.
Key Performance Areas
Expert advice, Services and solutions
- Review, analyse and interpretation of reports, data and information.
- Review, analyse and interpretation of statistical data tables and probabilities.
- Responsible for developing and interpreting Medico-Legal reports.
- Generation and/or compilation of reports and data sets.
- Evaluating each case or scenario as received and provide expert opinion and advice.
- Ensure the effective application and communication of expert advice relating to reports within the business.
- Develop, maintain and optimise means and methods to convert operational specialist data and information from various streams into a standardised and central information system, applications and business processes.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to establish and agree on a service level agreement/s.
- Work closely with actuaries and medical experts in determining impacts of motor vehicle accidents on victims` future schooling and career prospects.
- Build and maintain healthy and transparent relationships and partnerships with stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain communication structures and channels for information sharing.
- Engagement and ongoing communication with stakeholders.
- Resolve stakeholder queries or escalate when unresolved.
Functional Excellence and Growth
- Participate / conduct benchmarking exercises to determine industry best performance levels and practices.
- Analyse and interpret data and information.
- Analyse and interpret statistical data and information obtained from historical data and cohort studies.
- Identify performance deficiencies and initiate corrective actions.
- Standardise reporting practices, services, solutions, systems and processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 9 (Master’s Degree) in Education Psychology.
- Registration as per Educational category within HPCSA.
- Relevant 5-7 years’ experience in area of expertise inclusive of medico legal reports.
- 2 years’ experience in MVA claims.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership
- Results orientation
- Business and financial acumen
- Brand and stakeholder orientation
- Organisational resilience
- Team resilience
- Network and alliances
- Talent management
- Change management
- Demonstrate an awareness of customer service and apply the skills of customer care in a specific work environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Legal reports.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Analyse and interpret data and information relating to reports.
- Analyse and interpret data statistics and probabilities.
- Present information in report format.
- Generate information and reports for internal and external use.
- Apply the organisation’s code of conduct in a work environment.
- Apply the principles of corporate governance and ethics in a function.
Road Accident Fund Values
Total cost to company applicable to this position is market-related
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”.
Closing date: 15 June 2021
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades; email address is Thembelihle.email@example.com OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
Security Vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation