A relocation opportunity exists for young professionals with approximately 4yrs experience in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics, to join our client’s Engineering and Technical support team on Energy Projects in the Netherlands. Relocation support, accommodation etc will be provided by our client.
Data centres are the second largest carbon producer in the world. Companies around the globe are looking for ways to reduce their carbon emissions to meet individual or collective climate targets.
Our client leads the way for greener future with integrated low-carbon and high-performance solutions that enables a reliable, sustainable, agile and energy efficient data centre.
They bring unrivalled domain expertise in the Design, Build, Management and Operation of mission-critical data centres that deliver significant gains in energy efficiency, reduction in cost and carbon emissions. Sustainability is the key aspect of our approach throughout the data centre lifecycle.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role will support the objectives of our client, especially focussed on green and sustainable energy solutions
This role will form part of the data centre design and maintenance and will include client site visits to evaluate the requirements and solutions. The role will be involved in in the development of electrical and mechanical infrastructure from concept designs and design approvals to construction projects and major modification and upgrade of existing infrastructure. The role will support site installation and commissioning and will be an integral part of the project and operational team.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- To assist with the design and implementation of integrated low carbon and sustainable energy solutions in Data Centres.
- Site visits to client sites to research, evaluate and assist with the design of integrated low carbon high performance solutions.
- Collaborate with the data centre team to understand, develop, and approve the data centre system designs for new data centre construction and system enhancement projects.
- Implementation of Smart Integrated Electrical Control Systems.
- Review the basis of design documents, capacity calculations and design schematics.
- To optimise and maintain existing solutions to ensure high levels of uptime while utilising low levels of energy.
- BEng/BSc degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4 years’ experience, with specific experience in leading Data Centre or projects within building services consultancy
- Experience of CAD including 3D modelling and rendering of building services, and BIM analysis including performance calculations and parametric modelling.
- Experience of Carbon Modelling software or ability to learn and guide others in this
- Extensive knowledge on Data Centre environments and critical infrastructure systems
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand complex diagrams and schematics
- Strong hand-eye coordination and proficiency in using tools like soldering equipment
- High-level organization skills