Location: EC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the position of Electrician based in the Engineering department at Port Elizabeth Production.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Performing maintenance and identifying maintenance requirements on electrical equipment, which entails:
- Regular inspection of bottling equipment, electrical motors, pumps distribution boards etc.
- Ensuring that preventative maintenance is executed according to schedule
- Assisting with installation of new equipment
- Ensuring that related administration is attended to timeously
- Ensuring that operational services (electrical) are provided timeously and according to specification.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
- Performing ad-hoc duties within the department if and when required
- Fault Finding in Motor control centres. (MCC)
- Execution and upgrading of maintenance schedules
- Implemented initiatives of business plan
- Operating / shutting down and changing over machines and equipment to prescribed quality standards.
- Participation in Mini-Business activities
- Reading and understanding of electrical drawings (eCad)
- Good knowledge of electrical reticulation in a plant environment
- Repairs of production machinery as well as site related electrical work eg; boilers, compressors, lighting, installations, etc.
- Methodical fault finding and maintenance of electrical motors, control panels and distribution boards.
- Excellent working knowledge of sensor control, HMI, switchgear, AC Motors, relay logic, industrial instrumentation, basic understanding of PLC, servo motors, VSD.
- Comply with Distell’s standard operating practices.
- Excellent housekeeping
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- N3 equivalent Electrical qualification (NQF 4), Electrician Trade
- 2 years experience in a Manufacturing environment
- N4-N6 technical qualification and experience in an FMCG environment will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams
- Familiar with conveyor line control, PLC automation (preferably Siemens S7) and high speed machinery.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under pressure.
- Must be willing and able to perform standby duties when required (call-outs after hours)
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours (overtime) and or shifts when required.
- Ability to copy with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Possess good communication skills on all levels.
- Working experience with bottling machinery will be a distinct advantage
- Have own reliable transport available
- Active involvement in mini-business activities
- Able to work within a team
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers.
Reference number: 18635 Closing Date: 28 September 2021