Responsible to perform and supervise (when necessary) daily Electrical repairs, installations and troubleshooting of Electrical equipment and systems across the business unit according to legislation and standards; including the installation and maintenance of wiring, lighting systems and Electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
2-Year Diploma / Trade Test as an Electrician.
- Minimum of 2 years experience performing Electrical repairs.
- Supervisory experience is an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Attention to detail and quality
- Building Positive Working Relationships
- Customer Centricity & Stakeholder focus
- Drive for Results
- Wiremans licence
- Working experience of SHE legislation and standards
- Be able to install, repair, adjust, maintain and troubleshoot electrical equipment and its components
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams.
- Electronic Testing Design
- Electronic Production Technologies
- Electronic Systems and electronics
- Electrical engineering high and medium voltage distribution systems
Work Conditions and Special Requirements
- Ability to work shifts that meet operational requirements
- Physical ability to lift and control relevant machinery, and equipment and mobility to move around as per job requirements
- Manual dexterity
Key Performance Areas:
Maintained Electrical Systems & Equipment
- Check in with the services office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Prepare necessary tools and PPE for the day ahead.
- Respond to requests relating to electrical equipment and systems installations, repairs and upgrades in line with scheduled repairs and preventative maintenance plans.
- Conduct investigations and diagnose system or equipment faults.
- Troubleshoot and complete repairs in line with identified faults.
- Set up wiring and electrical systems to specification and standard
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Test the installation of a new electrical systems, to ensure its proper performance, and locate shorts and system breaks.
- Locate the source of the problem, and repair or replace the wiring and conduits as needed.
- Inspect and audit electrical supplies, machinery and systems and address any risk areas and check compatibility and safety of the components
- Install conduits and run electrical wiring to feed switches, circuit breaker panels and relays
- Keep management up to date and feedback on status and challenges with regards repairs and installations.
- Store and secure parts and tools needed in line with regulations and SOPs
- Inspect and test different electrical systems to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Store electrical assets; technical stock and parts in line with regulations
- Maintain Personal Protective Equipment in line with specifications and regulations
- Keep up to date with latest trade knowledge and skills in line with updated equipment and systems; as well as regulations around electrical requirements
- Keep up to date with policies and procedures for installing, maintaining and repairing electrical equipment or machinery; as well as revised testing or installation procedures, and align practices.
- Keep up to date with the handling of various tools including saws, screwdrivers, pliers and knives, as well as the use of power tools, test meters, pipe threaders and conduit benders.
- Completes and signs off on inspections registers for electrical equipment, systems, etc.
- Interact and be available to understand and assist clients with requests, special requirements, recommendations, concerns, resolution of complaints, etc.
- Supervise contractors / junior staff appearance and handling of equipment
- Report and resolve any issues experienced
- Supervise the control of stock and operating equipment as per SOP
- Completes supporting job / work card admin / paperwork
- Provides support to contractors or staff on escalated technical electrical queries
- Follows up on fault logging until resolution