VKB Flour Mills (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of VKB Agri-Processors (Pty) Ltd and part of the VKB Group is a wheat mill and bakery situated in Frankfort in the Free State province. The organization, which strive towards healthy and modern business practices, offers employees the opportunity to utilize and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within environment with resources inherent to the countryside.
A qualified Electrician responsible for installing, and maintaining electrical, electronic, mechanical equipment, and systems in a processing/production environment.
- Minimum grade 12/NQF4 or N3 certificate with Mathematics and Engineering Science.
- Certified electrician, with extensive experience on PLC’s and networks
- Ability to read electrical diagrams.
- Experience in pneumatics & hydraulics
- Experience on VSD’s, soft starters, field devices (proximity switches, rotary sensors, level indicators, control valves etc.)
- Valid Driver’s license & own transport
- Able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Willing to work overtime and perform standby duties as & when required.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and foster positive relations with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Reduce breakdowns and downtimes periods in the plant to limit unnecessary costs.
- Install, maintain, repair and commission electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment and systems and work on electrical transmission and distribution equipment.
- Report machine failure and breakdowns to management, record it on the daily log sheet of production and ensure job cards are completed correctly.
- Continuously improve on all equipment and installation measures
- Ensure scheduled preventative maintenance is done and machinery & optimal functioning of equipment.
- Comply with occupational health and safety requirements as per unit standards and procedures.
- Continuously do fault finding and problem solving on electrical equipment
- Liaise with internal departments on an ongoing basis to ensure the quality of services and products.
- Complete all compulsory training interventions.
- Mentor employees to follow standard practices and processes to ensure quality services and less down time in the production plant.
Willing to relocate to Frankfort/Villiers.
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px