The Electrician is responsible to work on a number of areas including in homes, factories, businesses, and buildings, both existing and under construction, to install, repair, and maintain power, lighting, communications, heating, Refrigeration, generators, and control systems. The role involves the technical application of electrical principles.
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring.
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components.
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards.
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning.
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information.
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts.
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems.
- Comfortable reading and understanding electrical blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
- Deep electrical system, power generation, blueprints, and maintenance, and repair knowledge.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Relevant Tertiary Qualification
Must hold valid Wireman’s license.
PLC Programming and Electronics experience related is a positive
South African Trade tested as an Electrician.
Valid Driver’s Licence
Preferences will be given to applicants with COC.