- Life Carstenhof & Life Carstenview
- Maintenance Planner
- A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Planner at Life Carstenhof Hospital and Life Carstenview based in Midrand, reporting to the Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a well maintained plant and workforce productivity by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of workforce, parts and equipment access.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist the Engineering Maintenance personnel balance their need for daily output with their need for equipment reliability and a well maintained facility through proactive maintenance.
- Effectively plan, schedule and coordinate all plannable maintenance work performed within the facility.
- Ensure that all internal beneficiaries of maintenance receive timely, efficient and quality service.
- Ensure plant and equipment reliability through sound preventative maintenance and planning.
- Provide a central source of information concerning maintenance work, equipment and equipment repair.
- Provide special tool and equipment requirements.
- Reduce total cost of maintenance while improving conditions of equipment and operating facilities.
- Effectively arrange and administrate resources to execute day to day corrective maintenance reported to the department with the goal being to minimize backlog.
- Collaborate effectively with the maintenance personnel to anticipate repair work before jobs become emergencies.
- Assist the maintenance team with Analysis of equipment failures and proper documentation of such incidents.
- Liaise and maintain a positive and favourable working and professional relationship with all relevant supplies and service providers.
- Grade 12
- N4 qualification with Trade Test Certificate in either Mechanical or Electrical (Heavy Current) Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in operations or engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a factory environment or similar environment is essential.
- Computer Literacy and experience on a CMMS preferably SAP PM would be an added advantage
- Drive and energy
- Ethical behavior
- Attention to detail
- Problem – Solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Sunday, January 10, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.