The Michaelhouse English Department’s focus is on collaboration. We hold each other to a high standard,
expecting the best of ourselves through continued professional development and staying abreast of innovative
pedagogies in the art of English teaching. We strive to instil a love for reading while guiding our boys to think
critically and to write and speak with sophistication. An opportunity exists to join our team; duties will include
teaching a range of classes, as well as involvement in various co-curricular and pastoral duties within our school.
If you are a pioneering, passionate, and dynamic English teacher, we hope you will consider joining us.
Commencement date: Term 3 or 4 2021. We could possibly consider a January 2022 start.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION ARE:
• A degree with English as a major.
• A professional teaching qualification.
• Creativity and innovation in the classroom.
• Using technology as a tool for teaching and learning.
• Suitable experience in teaching English Home Language from Grade 8 to 12.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, the Grade 12 IEB assessment guidelines.
• Experience as an IEB Grade 12 marker.
• Experience with Debating will be advantageous.
• A current SACE registration
Housing will be provided on or near the Michaelhouse estate to facilitate full involvement in the school
Only suitably qualified candidates will be considered. An application will not in itself entitle the
applicant to an interview. Management reserve the right not to make an appointment.
Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican
Independent senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12
Apply by completing the online application form at: https://forms.gle/xYh5qK5uWnZH5qqM6
In addition to completing the online form, please email your handwritten
motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 03 May 2021