Equipment Stores Officer
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in motion picture medium, live performance, business innovation and technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world’s major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to manage and run the equipment stores. The applicant should have good management skills and a thorough knowledge of professional camera and lighting equipment.
Roles and responsibilities
Equipment stores officer is required to:
• Exceptional computer literacy (Advanced Excel, Internet Research, email, MS Word, Power Point, MS Projects 2010)
• Management of the stores and offering advice to the students on technical matters arising.
• Ensure that all equipment for the terms teaching and term projects are maintained and functional.
• Ensuring that resources for the term are adequately planned for.
• Participate in working with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses.
• Providing administrative and practical support to the students, including dealing with students’ queries and training on equipment.
• Schedule meetings, prepare Lost and Damaged reports, ensuring accurate record keeping and filing. This includes equipment management in distribution and return in good working order.
• Managing Asset registers and statistics.
• Working with financial records and spreadsheets.
• Letter writing in email or hard copy with a good command of written English.
• Ability to work co-operatively with other teaching staff.
• Ability to manage inventory of facilities and equipment.
• Collating Statistical Reports: Arranging deadline dates, updating spreadsheets, calculating averages.
• Preparing LDD reports for the Registry.
• Organising correspondence / office filing and following up on pending matters with limited direction and reconciling.
• Timetable scheduling for the purpose of hiring in equipment if required.
• Deadline priority scheduling according to the timetable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, dealing with the general public, staff and students.
• Driver’s license and own transport.
• Clerical and administrative competency for running the administrative functions of the Stores
• Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
• Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
• Punctuality and reliability
• Highly developed organizational skills
• Maturity to handle a range of situations and to perform under pressure
• A meticulous and thorough nature
• An ability to work to tight deadlines
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to support student development
• Culturally aware and sensitive
• Respectful and open to learning and guidance
• A minimum of six years of industry experience.
• Knowledge of the entrepreneurial environment.
• AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
Posted on 12 Mar 14:11
Apply by email
Leandri Van Hoogdalem