- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Equipment Technician
- An opportunity exists for an Equipment Technician at Life Entabeni Hospital, reporting to the Maintenance Manager. This position exists to ensure well maintained and reliable mechanical assets through routine inspections and maintenance eliminating plant and equipment breakdowns.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure operation and reliability of mechanical equipment by assisting the Mechanical/HVAC Artisan with preventive maintenance requirements.
- Assist the Mechanical/HVAC Artisan with repairs on plant and equipment.
- Conduct inspections on mechanical plant and equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping in plant rooms and workshop.
- Conduct minor repairs under the supervision of the Mechanical/HVAC Artisan.
- Assist the Mechanical/HVAC Artisan to maintain equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory levels.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with any other work as requested by management.
- Conduct risk assessments prior to conducting any maintenance related work on plant and equipment.
- At least Matric with Mathematics & Physical Science passed plus a formal training in mechanical engineering or minimum N2 qualification in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years as maintenance assistant.
- Practical experience in a hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Computer literacy and experience on a CMMS preferably SAP PM would be an added advantage
- Samke Msane
- Closing date
- Thursday, April 8, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.